[Bf-committers] GSoC 2016- Interoperability Enhancement in blender

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:07:29 CET 2016

Greetings Jalaz,

As a heads up, that could be a strange project since that addon is likely
to see more development before GSoC coding begins. This could make writing
a proposal and planning a project difficult. As the idea page mentions,
importing could still be useful since the addon is not planned to support
that in the near future. I would recommend getting on the #blendercoders
IRC channel on the freenode server to talk with the people listed as
possible mentors. The IRC handles that I know are mont29 (Bastien
Montagne), ideasman42 (Campbell Barton), mogurijin (Mitchell Stokes), as
well as kupoman (myself). I am not sure what Jeroen Bakker's IRC handle is.
There will need to be some discussion as to what some of the goals of that
project should be.

How familiar are you with the current glTF specification?

Regards,
Daniel Stokes