[Bf-committers] [GSoC] Improved threadability of Compositor nodes

Matheus Sousa Faria matheus.sousa.faria at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:44:10 CET 2016

Hi,

I thought that IRC would be better to not spamming the others with
questions related to my proposal. But you guys are right, we are in
different time zones, so it easier through here.
Here are my questions:

   1. How can I identify nodes that require full buffer on the input (like
   it says in the idea description)?
   2. What is a chunk? The chunk is the representation of a node? Because I
   saw that the ExecutionGroup decide when is going to schedule an operation
   by evaluating if the chunk is ready to be evaluated.
   3. WorkScheduler Queue: is it a bottleneck? Because it uses a single
   queue for multiples threads in the device vector. Is there a real race
   condition here or you managed to avoid it? If there is a race condition, is
   that a point where I should improve on my project? Because we can create
   one queue for each thread, and when one thread gets idle it steals the work
   from the cold end of another queue.
   4. What is a highlighted node?
   5. What nodes should I look more carefully? Do you guys have an idea of
   the most used or those that cause more time overhead for the artists?

Thanks,
Matheus de Sousa Faria