[Bf-committers] GSoC 2016: Lens distortion estimation and grid calibration

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:36:46 CET 2016

Hi,

There is no difference between image sequence and video file from the
Blender's tracker point of view, it's all being handled on a different
level. Tracker always works with frames.

Currently Blender doesn't deal with real-time video streams.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Miroslav Krajíček <mirokrajicek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my name is Miroslav Krajicek, I am currently studying computer graphics at
> Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic).
>
> I am interested in motion capture and image processing. As bachelor thesis
> I created motion capture tool for webcams WebCamCap
> <https://github.com/kaajo/WebCamCap/> . For lens distortion correction i
> used OpenCV. Currently i am working on autonomous car (part time job) where
> calibration is really important for camera SLAM.
>
> I compiled source code and found where lens settings are. I have a question
> regarding to process of a calibration: Do you think users would like to
> calibrate camera from sequence of photos (or recorded video) ?  Until now I
> was used to "live" video calibration but not all cameras used by users have
> that option.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin