[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:21:52 CET 2016

I always wondered, what are the advantages of 2d style openGL tools?

what about using faces as a interface and casting rays from the 'camera
point' (orthographic projection at 2d planes)
UV cord could = context hitPoint

or localized X,Y or ?

(so a flat plane with a image on it could be 10 commands)?

3d window = a plane textured by a camera in another 'scene'

this would make everything -> what did you hit -> what happens when you
feed it that.

like I hit a slider when I pressed 7 = (set value to 7)

the only caveat is real time text. (make a shader that scales and displays
text on a 2d plane?)

basically, BVHTree raycast as a UI, that can be changed / rebuilt at any
time.....

(just some thoughts/questions for 2.8x)