[Bf-committers] Cmake OS X Broken?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 05:21:46 CET 2016

After some further investigation (details below), it seems the error
is caused by a mismatch between the OSX version and the SDK version.

Is this something that's normally used/supported on OSX?

----

The error was that `uname -r` outputs, (15.2.0). which causes the SDK
to be set to 10.11, where Jonathan has 10.10 of the SDK. See [0].

Would be good if we could avoid having this list of hard-coded OSX versions.
I think its come up before, this makes OSX unusable for bisecting
since you won't be able to build older versions.

LLVM's compiler-rt for example, uses:

  xcodebuild -version -sdk macosx Path

see source [1].

[0]: https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/CMakeLists.txt;02cabdac5a9097a70587211565768e8990f36798$519
[1]: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/compiler-rt/blob/master/cmake/config-ix.cmake#L253

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Jonathan Williamson
<jonathan at cgcookie.com> wrote:
> Hey OS X devs,
>
> It would seem configuring and generating CMake build files is currently broken? It seems to be having trouble detecting the correct SDK version, forcing the `CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT` always to 10.11, even if 10.10 is the highest installed.
>
> I spent a while on IRC with Campbell and jaggzt to no avail. It was also mentioned that OS X Build bot has not successfully built since March 5th, at 05:03:58.
>
> Even manually setting the SDK versions and deploy targets in the CMakeCache.txt fails.
>
> Is anyone else having trouble building with CMake on OS X?

- Campbell