[Bf-committers] GSoc (2016) - Package Manager (for add-on’s and possibly other resources)

Nikhil R rnikhil96 at outlook.com
Sat Mar 5 17:32:41 CET 2016

Hi,My name is Nikhil. R and I am an undergrad at BITS Pilani, India. I have experience in Python and more info about me can be found here[1].  I am interested in contributing to Blender as part of GSoc 2016. Particularly I am interested in: Package Manger for addons. Is this a confirmed project ?(It was under "Various Ideas" sub section). I found this page[2] where they discuss about the possibility of an addon manager in Blender and the feature set involved with it. I am willing to discuss further on the same project and want to know where to get started.

Regards,Nikhil. R
[1]: http://rnikhil275.github.io/assets/Nikhil. R- Resume.pdf[2]: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?382144-Idea-Blender-Add-on-manager-quot-UPDATES-quot-panel-and-Blender-cloud-accounts