[Bf-committers] GSoC 2016: Finish multi-camera reconstruction

Jed jedfrechette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:57:57 CET 2016

Matthias Fauconneau wrote
> I am not sure how the interest in Blender VFX is these days, maybe
> there are some other features users are looking forward too.

I haven't been following development closely so this may already have been
implemented, but last time I checked one of the big features missing from
Blender's tracker was the ability to use known 3D points to constrain its
solves. There's a good chance productions using witness cameras to improve
their solves will also be doing set surveys, whether that's with a tape
measure, total station, or lidar; so the ability to utilize that geometry
data would be very valuable.