[Bf-committers] GSoC 2016: Finish multi-camera reconstruction

Matthias Fauconneau matthias.fauconneau at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:24:19 CET 2016

Hi Sergey, Ton,

I see your point that there is not enough UI work this time to be a
separate enough project.

Finishing multi camera reconstruction is a good fit for GSoC.

The two lens ideas seem too related to be separate:
I think variable focal length / implicit distortion estimation is
adding the lens parameters to the set of variables in the Ceres
resolution.
Explicit lens distortion estimation with a calibration grid is already
done in backend and only needs to be hooked up.
Even both together might not be enough.

I am not sure how the interest in Blender VFX is these days, maybe
there are some other features users are looking forward too.

Regards,
Matthias