[Bf-committers] GSoC 2016: Finish multi-camera reconstruction

Tianwei Shen shentianweipku at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:50:24 CET 2016

Hi,

I am Tianwei Shen, a second-year Ph.D. student in HKUST, working mainly on image-based modeling. I am interested in the GSoC topic 'Finish multi-camera reconstruction' and have some question related to it. Specifically I don’t quite understand terms like ‘witness cameras’ and ‘source-from-motion’. Maybe we use different terminology so in my view ‘source-from-motion’ may be similar to Structure-from-Motion, isn’t it? I notice that blender relies on libmv on the motion tracking part. I also have experience working with this library for registering the poses of cameras. I am now trying to compile this project and would like to have a discussion with you in greater depth. Can anyone guide me where to start? Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Tianwei