[Bf-committers] Blender can't do hair because of this bug

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 04:39:45 CEST 2016

It looks like Cycles fails to set the particle system back to its
'preview' state because G.is_rendering is being checked in particle
system internals.
Uploaded a diff that fixes the issue, though it may be better to keep
the patch smaller & more localized.
https://developer.blender.org/D2065

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com
<zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, this bug has been going on for quite a while apparently and it
> prevents hair combing to work at all since it gets corrupted on
> render.
>
> https://developer.blender.org/T48658
>
> For me this bug has delayed my deadline for 2 weeks now and it's hard
> to believe the same bug is not giving problems to many others.
>
> If someone could urgently fix it please.
>
> desperately yours,
>
> Daniel Salazar

- Campbell