[Bf-committers] Proposal: Add scale operation to the Pixelate Node

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:26:13 CEST 2016

I'm not sure this would be a "hard coded coupling" in the usual sense
(which I agree is something best avoided).
As I understand it, this node basically tells subsequent scale nodes to
use nearest interpolation. It does nothing itself to modify the data.

Afaik no other node changes the behavior of other nodes like this, and
it's totally against what I expect when using a node; I expect a self
contained function which takes data in, does stuff, and passes data out,
without caring about what happens to that data before or after.

When I first heard of this node, I expected something rather like the
initial suggestion <http://www.pasteall.org/pic/103972>.
Inside: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/103974