[Bf-committers] NLA Editor / Animation Layers

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:28:42 CEST 2016

Is it possible this result could be achieved using Delta* keying sets on
bones?

Currently, I can't find any way to add a Delta key on a bone, however, if
it were possible, I would imagine one could make the "overlay edit" strip,
key delta-edits onto it and use add blending. Deltas to the resting pose
(as shown in the video) could be made with Delta keys, add, and hold
extrapolation. For edits to the animation itself, the envelope of an edit
could be controlled by keying in zero-delta keys before and after the
actual edited point.

In order to make this delta workflow usable, we'd need a way to
interactively add a Delta key onto a bone in pose mode in the 3d-view. I
think this would compare the bone's current pose to the bone's keyframe
calculated pose without the active action, resulting in the delta, which
would be keyed.  This doesn't sound particularly complicated to add.

Does this sound like it would work?

Hidde, does it sound like this would get you a workflow that would work?
How do you control the envelope of an animation edit in Maya? (this wasn't
shown in the video, as he stopped the video to create his jump deltas)