[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, sunday 31 August 2016
ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 31 19:08:02 CEST 2016
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.78 release
- Planning and overview of targets:
- Not all targets are ready yet, we move the 'BCon3' deadline to make sure they're all
in git master.
- Hermann Vosseler's (ichtyo) 2D stablizer gets final approval for merge in trunk.
- Review of Alembic code is still progressing, needs a couple of more days.
- Patch for OpenHMD support (realtime vr playback in in Viewport) almost done, Vive
support will be added.
- Brendon Murphy will handle adding the new addons for release.
- Everyone wants the GTX 1080 cards supported with Cycles, unfortunately the required
CUDA 8.0 is still not official released. We can add their release candidate though.
Sergey Sharybin and Brecht van Lommel check into this.
- Accepted patches: devs check this list please, last chance to get this in 2.78:
2) Other projects, Blender 2.8
- Mike Erwin is working on GL cleanup and upgrade in the 2.8 branch. He will send a
"call for help" email once the basics are in place and others can help.
- Ton Roosendaal reports he had a tremendous successful trip to Toronto, LA and SF
last week. Full report is coming, but the short story is that Blender Institute can
add 4 more full time developers on Blender, supported by AMD and Tangent Animation.
- no updates or actions reported.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Producer Blender Institute
Support us - join blender.cloud or Blender Dev Fund.
More information about the Bf-committers