montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 24 17:32:09 CEST 2016
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC Sunday meeting in
1) Planning for next 2.78 release
- Meeting agrees to stay in bcon2 one more week, to allow some projects
in review to get in master. Final decision (go/no-go) should happen
early next week.
- Grease Pencil 2: review goes well so far, remains a candidate for next
- Basic Alembic support: review goes on by Campbell Barton, Sergey
Sharybin will also have a look, remains a candidate for next release.
- VR/OpenHMD: Status is not clear, need some feedback from Joey Ferwerda.
- Animation System part 3: Status is not clear, need some feedback from
- Brecht van Lommel reports Cycles' Microdisplacement will only go
partially (safe parts) in master, and will be "hidden" as experimental
- Reminder: we need everybody's help to fill in the release notes, all
devs please check you noted all your significant changes there, users
can help too! :)
- Sergey Sharybin: OpenSubDiv now supports subdivision of UVs in texture
and material display modes.
2) Blender 2.8 project and other future projects
- Lukas Toenne keeps working on Object Nodes branch, he merged in his
GPU hair calculation: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/105344
- Ton Roosendaal is in North America, he was in Toronto to visit Tangent
Animation studio, a big full-Blender studio which will support the
Blender Institute to hire two devs full time to work on Blender 2.8, and
a third one for Cycles.
- Siggraph is not finished yet! But we are already close to reaching the
"critical mass" of full timers needed to make blender2.8 real.
- Also, there's a proposal to have a dedicated session about Cycles
development during next Blender Conference.
- Some students have/will be less active these weeks, due to exams -
this is taken into account.
- There is still three more weeks of coding before pencil down and final
More information about the Bf-committers