[Bf-committers] Blender Boolean Modifier/Difference Problem

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:42:41 CEST 2016

Hi Baris, normally its best to handle issues like this via our bug-tracker,

There are known issues with the current boolean modifier, its likely
they have already been reported (see below).

Recently bmesh based booleans has been made default, so you can try
download a daily build and see if these work better.
However both carve and bmesh boolean have trouble with overlapping
geometry - a common cause of bug reports here.

- https://developer.blender.org/T48570
- https://developer.blender.org/T36357

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:35 AM, Baris Öztürk <donerhamburger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am using Blender 2.68 or 2.77. I am trying to use the boolean
> modifier, to get the difference fom circle a cube. But sometimes the circle
> disappear or I got a dublicate from the cube. I read from internet about
> (ctrl-N or delete dublicate and so on) but It doesnt work too. Can you give
> me please an opinion.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Baris

- Campbell