ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 17 17:32:33 CEST 2016
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Planning for next release
- Proposal: target on end of August for the 2.78 RC.
Planning and release targets were updated here in wiki:
- Brecht van Lommel will check status of Microdisplacement with Mai Lavelle. It is
still a candidate but it's tight.
- We need at least one more member for the Windows and OS X platform build team.
- Grease Pencil 2: Antonio Vazquez says it's all ready for review.
Joshua Leung is available for review. He's not sure if everything would be ready for a
release, maybe the patch has to be split in parts.
- Antonio will make a doc and a patch diff this week.
Call for GP fans: please help him. Good docs increase the chance it goes to 2.78 a lot.
Docs would go here:
- Kevin Dietrich is wrapping up Alembic, Campbell will do reviews.
2) Blender 2.8 project and other future projects
- Ton Roosendaal announces that AMD agreed on sponsoring Blender for two projects;
one is for supporting Mike Erwin's work on Viewport and upgrading Viewport, another
one is an internal project to hook up Blender with their new ProRender engine.
More will be announced next week at SIGGRAPH. More sponsors are likely underway too.
- After SIGGRAPH we then can check on if or how we'd do a final crowd fund raiser.
- Proposal: aim at wrapping up master plans and designs for 2.8 in September.
- Once the team for 2.8 gets filled in, we should organise sprints or workshops for
the core developers on 2.8. Have them meet a week to hammer down all the issues and
freeze the design specs.
This could either be a bigger sprint or a number of smaller sprints based on sub-projects
(Workflow/UI/tools, Physics/particles/modifiers/nodes, Viewport, etc).
Could be part of funding campaign.
- Nothing notable that needed decisions or actions.
Subscribe to the SOC list to follow progress:
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Producer Blender Institute
Support us - join blender.cloud or Blender Dev Fund.
More information about the Bf-committers