[Bf-committers] Policy for decision making process

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:55:15 CEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I heard something about this. I assumed it was just a place for people with similar production background to share info or feedback about Blender. Blenderartists.org is far too noisy, I fully understand the need.
>
> But I didn't get the impression anyone who is serious about contributing to Blender would participate in non-public work groups. That's not very productive.
>
> Our own lists and communications channels are usually on topic, low traffic, these places should be welcome for professionals (and anyone with little time) to contribute to Blender. If our channels fail, then I'd be pleased to hear what to do to improve it.
>
> Laters,
>
> -Ton-

While the existence of private group prompted me to raise the topic, I
think this is a more general issue.

It's also not great if decisions are getting made over lunch at the
Blender institute for eg.

While I was at the institute this didn't happen often (we were aware
that its problematic and tried to avoid),
Nevertheless sometimes when you're in the same room its quicker to
come to some agreement.

For larger topics, it's not great that anyone working remotely can't
see whats going on.