[Bf-committers] developer.blender.org maintenance on Thursday

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:06:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

I would like to perform maintenance on our developer.blender.org site this
week on Thursday. maintenance in this case -- update the site to latest
version (bringing it to like a year newer version!)

Updated site will bring thins like:

- Less hacks required from our side to keep needed customizations (read:
easier maintenance)
- More intuitive navigation in project and visualization of project details
pages.
- More customizable interface, which would allow to make things like
editing bug submission form editable from the interface by administrators
(see discussion about bug guidelines in this list from a while ago).
- Lots of bug fixes and other improvements here and there done in
Phabricator upstream.

Unfortunately, with such an update some downtime is inevitable. I'll try to
minimize it as much as possible, but database schema migration might take
some time during which the site will not be reachable.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin