[Bf-committers] Windows XP support

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Jan 30 20:33:57 CET 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 03:25:15PM +0100, Knapp wrote:

>... If the XP users really must use his old computer and he wants new
> features that are not supported and he has internet then he can download a
> new and modern Linux lite distro and run the newest Blender.

Last I looked, previous releases of Blender are still available.  If
we drop XP support, you can still run Blender on your old system, you
just don't get newer features.

This is reasonable.  New features tend to be computationally expensive
and if you have old stuff, you probably don't have a GPU.

I'm a big Linux fan but I would not recommend your average Windows
user install it, no matter what the distro.  Unless you feel adventurous!

S.
Stephen Swaney		sswaney at centurytel.net
231-313-2492		skype: sswaney			(GMT-5)