[Bf-committers] Windows XP support

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Fri Jan 29 20:50:50 CET 2016

"I am happy to continue providing builds but I would really like to discontinue support after 2.77"

I think would be the most optimal solution. I don't know how the current distribution is, but I seem to recall last time this was brought up that a lot of XP downloads (and there was a substantial amount back then) came from less wealthy countries. Being able to provide 3D software to these users seems like a very positive endeavour, though of course Blender can't support XP forever either. If pushing out builds for as long as possible is a viable option, that would 100% have my vote. I only find it reasonable to drop support for it and newer/ incompatible features then.

Just my two cents,
Patrick