[Bf-committers] Windows XP support

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jan 29 11:03:07 CET 2016

Hi,
first of all, I think it is up to Martijn, as he maintains the Windows
platform. :)

On the other hand, we dropped XP several times in the past already,
because it failed somehow on users systems or e.g. Martijn said it's
taking away too much of his time to keep it working.

And now we again have to discuss whether we want to drop it or not, that
makes no sense to me.

If people are stuck with a 15! year old operating system (for whatever
reason), they have to accept, that they cannot run latest software and
have to stick with older versions.

Additionally, with the OpenGL 2.1 bump in 2.77, I bet a lot of these
ancient systems, combined with Intel GMA cards will fail anyway. So what
is the point?

Best regards,
Thomas