[Bf-committers] OMP to BLI_task: About threading and lockfree operations

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Jan 26 23:49:07 CET 2016

It's fine to use __sync_fetch_and_and on OS X, no need to use
OSAtomic* functions. Using 8 bit __sync_fetch_and_and on OS X compiles
fine for me.

OpenImageIO removed OSAtomic* almost 3 years ago, and we've had no
problem with that:
https://github.com/OpenImageIO/oiio/commit/14d5d8e572322e5e0decdd1b7d3f4d0484819473