[Bf-committers] blender as ui for game engine

Owen Hogarth II gurenchan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 15:20:07 CET 2016

I think that gamekit link was posted before, I've run across it before but
that still misses the point. It's an external tool that's duplicating a lot
of the work that blender already does. It is a pretty nice piece of
software though but that skill could be used to refactor the internals of
blender so that things like those aren't really necessary.

I am a part of the blender dev community but haven't made any attempts to
push any code to the repo mainly because I don't really like doing an half
ass job. That's the main reason that I came here to the mailing list asking
these question. If it's a go I would like to get started but if it's not
okay I'd like to know up front as well so that my time can be spent
elsewhere.

I'd still like to know the reasoning behind why there are two exit
functions as mentioned by Ton earlier. I have been in the blender irc, name
blubee that's my name pretty much everywhere online. Anyways, that's
besides the point. Could Ton or anyone else at least explain why there's
two exit functions in blender?

Best,
Owen