[Bf-committers] blender as ui for game engine

homac homac at strace.org
Thu Jan 21 19:09:50 CET 2016

Dear Gentlemen!

Wait - Java .Blend? I have to intervene!

> has the same issues that I described earlier, maintainability. He
> understand's blenders internals pretty well but he kinda misses the point.
> He wrote this external library that he has to maintain.

The "generated" library cannot predict future developments of Blender -
so, he (me) is just honest about this point. Additionally, those
libraries (at least for now) do not include the conversion functions
that can be found in the source code of Blender (folder blenloader) -
also mentioned in the specification.

> What if you opened blender design your scene, press play and instead of the
> renderer or something else it launches your app running on your platform.

That sounds great. Are you going to implement it?

Holger