[Bf-committers] blender as ui for game engine

Owen Hogarth II gurenchan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:56:34 CET 2016

Hi guys

I initially spoke with ideasman on irc about 8-12 months ago about this
idea and I wanted to message this list to see if I could get some support.

A lot of small teams and single dev guys use blender as a major part of
their asset creation pipeline for their 2d/ 3d games but then they spend a
lot of time writing some editor for their game that usually bogs the
project down.

I'd like to create the engine that can run blender applications as stand
alone games. BGE is currently working on an implementation but I think that
things can be done differently. Mainly that we do not need the entire
blender python API in a game engine. Only the core blender api which is
written in C although currently the source code at that level NEEDS some
refactoring.

I have personally written and published quite a few smaller games for
android, ios and the blackberry platforms. So I know how to take an idea
from start to finish but taking this on is a pretty big task and I would
like to focus on taking this task to completion.

That is what I would like to do, I would like the support of the blender
community to get this done and so I am mailing here to ask for your
support. Is this something that the blender community would be interested
in supporting me while I work on it?

Best,
Owen