[Bf-committers] VSE movie and other improvements

Thomas Beck software at plasmasolutions.de
Fri Jan 8 11:36:44 CET 2016

Hi Joshua,

I saw that you already committed a "fix" for the missing "frame rate
update" on import. This may be great for first time users and even great
when you only have one strip to import, but in our massive VSE projects
here at Plasmasolutions it really raises our error level. In every VSE
project (40GB data / 120 clips on average) we have many different frame
rates because some strips are meant to "just play as is" others are meant
to be slow motion clips and so on. Your option makes it so that all our
slowmo clips cause Blender to change the frame rate - which is catastrophic
as this causes aligned audio strips to overlap even when the scene frame
rate is reset to the original value (just happened to us).

Even disabling this option in the file browser is only a temporary solution
as the option is lost on a Blender restart and not easy to unset per
default in all PCs at our studio. If it "has" to be an option then it would
be much better to have it in the user prefs where we could globally disable
it.

I'll be on IRC later on...

CU Thomas

Plasmasolutions