[Bf-committers] VSE movie and other improvements

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Fri Jan 8 08:58:29 CET 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 04:52:23PM +1300, Joshua Leung wrote:
> 1) Add a "Fit to Frame" for images, instead of only "stretch to fit"
> or "crop"

This would be great. We might even have a longer list of possible
options, similar to what's offered when setting a desktop background.

> Since you're dealing with a lot of these images, and not all of them
> are horizontal or vertical only, it's much more of a pain to have to
> deal with Transform strips to get things in order, while "stretch to
> fit" is really ugly  (imagine, portrait photos, stretched out to be
> short and wide).

There is a strip option already that prevents this, so you don't need
a transform strip here. However, it's not really clear that this is
its effect, and it's only a boolean (i.e. not a choice between all the
options you might want to have).

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

http://stuvelfoto.nl/