[Bf-committers] Updating motion path

Erick Blender erickblender at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:04:48 CET 2016

Hi Devs,

I was trying to modify Blender source code so that motion path will be
updated when inserting the keyframe with " I ". For now the path is updated
automatically only when auto keyframing is on. I don't like working with
auto keyframe.
Just something for you to know, I m newbie i m studying c, c++ by myself.

So I already find the  pose_update_paths_exec(bContext *C, wmOperator
*UNUSED(op)), which is in the pose_edit.c and it suppose to update motion
path, and i also find insert_key_exec(bContext *C, wmOperator *op), which
is in keyframing.c and suppose to be the function that is called when
inserting keyframe with shortcut * i* when only "available" is selected .
Please forgive me if i m reading the code wrong.

My problem now is when i m copying that pose_update_paths_exec() in
insert_key_exec() the compiler is complaining. When i checked the headers
file i realized that pose_edit.c and keyframing.c don't have own header
files, so how to solve this? How can i call a function from an other file?

Thanks in advance