[Bf-committers] The procedure entry point K32EnumProcesses could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

The Simple Carnival jeff at simplecarnival.com
Sat Jan 2 04:34:48 CET 2016

Hello --

I've been working with a custom Windows build of Blender 2.75. I'm using
Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition. The custom build runs on all of my
computers...except on a Vista machine. When I run the executable on
Vista (Home Premium x64, SP2 with all the latest Windows Update
patches), a message box pops up with the title "blender-app.exe - Entry
Point Not Found" and this error message: "The procedure entry point
K32EnumProcesses could not be located in the dynamic link library
KERNEL32.dll." After clicking OK, the app closes.

When I run the official version of Blender 2.75 x64 on the same machine,
Blender starts up as it should.

I did a bit of researching on this error, and I've found this:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682631%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

As suggested by that article, I added -DPSAPI_VERSION=1 to the "blender"
project preprocessor definitions.

I came across this post...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29208637/entry-point-not-found-error-in-vista-os/29209415
...and made sure that Psapi.lib was already linked in the project.

After doing a full rebuild, I'm still seeing the same issue. Any
suggestions on what I have to do to the solution or project(s) to make
this run on Vista?

Thank you!

Jeff Boller
jeff at simplecarnival.com
The Simple Carnival -- it doesn't rock, it pops!
http://www.simplecarnival.com
http://www.facebook.com/TheSimpleCarnival
http://twitter.com/simplecarnival