[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - February 27, 2016

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 02:26:58 CET 2016

Hi, here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Upcoming release

So far things go smooth with 2.77rc1, reminder that release notes need
attention still.

- Mike Erwin will do OpenGL release notes.

2) Current projects

- Developers confirm that after 2.77 we should *stop* focusing
  on 2.7x and move attention to bigger 2.8x projects.
  However discussion shows we still need more concrete planning.

- UI team will start having its own meetings,
  current plan is to hold after next developer meeting.
  Will be announced on the bf-committers mailing list.

- UI project has _many_ open tasks with discussion and no conclusion,
  these tasks could use some decisions from UI design leads.
  (or archive if theirs no clear outcome and nobody has time for them).

3) Other Projects

- Kevin Dietrich has begun work on the DwarfLabs Alembic patch,
  plans to move development to a branch and update to support
  import/export based on suggested changes in review.
  https://developer.blender.org/D1783

- @Blendify proposes to migrate developer documentation to new system
  (and help with the migration),
  https://developer.blender.org/T47563

  However others in meeting prefer further discussion
  on mailing list before going ahead and making changes
  (evaluate Phabricator's Wiki for developer docs for eg).

--
- Campbell