[Bf-committers] Bring multiple objects to edit mode

Chris Lee infin8eye at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 13:35:48 CET 2016

I like what Jeffrey is saying here. It is a good solution.
Admittedly my response earlier was not considering all possible situations,
but my own modelling workflow. I can see there are many things that can be
broken when objects are joined and separated.
Jeffrey's suggestion of selecting specific objects of the same type before
entering edit mode is a nice solution, but obviously all the data for these
objects would have to stay isolated from each other while editing.
Obviously you should not be able to join two objects together while in edit
mode. That should be handled in object mode, to define what modifiers etc
are retained and what are removed. As you cannot apply a modifier in edit
mode it should always be handled in object mode. There could be benefits to
modelling two meshes that intertwine, while keeping them separate, but
snapping verts to each object.

I am curious what experiences everyone has had, that would have been
improved by having the ability to edit two objects at once.

Kind Regards,
Chris "*Chips*" Lee
Mobile: 0410155111

Infin8eye <http://infin8eye.carbonmade.com/>