[Bf-committers] New glLineWidth Policy

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 01:37:31 CET 2016

Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> Mike Erwin <significant.bit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > For 2.77 what is left to fix? If it's a small set I say fix those and
> keep
> > the change. (but of course I would say that) It gets us closer to clean
> GL
> > usage.
>
> But it also breaks addon backwards compatibility, which I don't think
> is intentional for 2.77?

Of course not :)  At this point this is the big unknown, since it's
impossible to review all addon code. Addons must go through the Python
interface right? Just thinking there might be a way to guarantee initial
width of 1.0 for addons only.

Up to now there have been multiple fixes based on bug reports from
> users. If we rely on just bug reports then there's likely more corner
> cases that are still broken. If we keep these commits then I think
> someone should go over all GL_LINE drawing and verify that it's
> properly setting the line widths.

Sign me up for that. A second or third pair of eyes would help too.

-- Mike