[Bf-committers] Bring multiple objects to edit mode

Xavier Thomas xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:03:10 CET 2016

Hi,

I also sometimes wish we could edit multiple objects. Sometimes the extra
work (joining than separating) sometimes is OK but sometimes it can be
frustrating for example when rebuilding a complex modifier stack.
In some case I can workaround the issue by using instancing actually. I
join the meshes and use a mask modifier as the first on the stack, so I can
keep 2 different object with different material and modifiers but can edit
both at the same time. I see this as a workaround that slows down the scene
and add unnecessary complexity, and it is not applicable in all the case
where editing multiple objects would be useful.

In the end it is not a big deal, and mesh/UV modeling is still an area
where Blender shines way brighter than its competitor (does maya still exit
mode when accidentally clicking another object?) but that does not mean
there is no room for improvement neither.