[Bf-committers] Are there any plans to build against ffmpeg 3.0 before the next release?

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:28:58 CET 2016

Please do not mix different issues into a single topic.

Jeffrey, your issue is caused by FFmpeg compiled with swresample support,
but you are not passing it to FFMPEG_LIBRARIES. Add swresample to the list
and Blender should be linking fine.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Jeffrey <italic.rendezvous at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've had issues building with official ffmpeg through install_deps.sh,
> but my system ffmpeg seems to work fine. It gives errors during linking.
>
> build log: http://www.pasteall.org/64695
>
> ffmpeg 2.8.4 in /opt/lib/ffmpeg
> system ffmpeg - 2.6.5-1
>
> Centos 7 x64
>
> On 02/15/2016 11:49 PM, Sergey Sharybin wrote:
> > I'll look into solving compilation error, but official releases will be
> > using FFmpeg-2.8.4 still.
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Dave Plater <dplater.list at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, I maintain blender for openSUSE and 2.76b is failing to build
> >> against ffmpeg-3.0 :
> >> [  873s]
> >>

> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/blender-2.76b/intern/audaspace/ffmpeg/AUD_FFMPEGReader.cpp:
> >> In member function 'int AUD_FFMPEGReader::decode(AVPacket&,
> AUD_Buffer&)':
> >> [  873s]
> >>

> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/blender-2.76b/intern/audaspace/ffmpeg/AUD_FFMPEGReader.cpp:61:32:
> >> error: 'avcodec_alloc_frame' was not declared in this scope
> >> [  873s]     frame = avcodec_alloc_frame();
> >> [  873s]                                 ^
> >> [  873s]
> >>

> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/blender-2.76b/intern/audaspace/ffmpeg/AUD_FFMPEGReader.cpp:63:36:
> >> error: 'avcodec_get_frame_defaults' was not declared in this scope
> >> [  873s]     avcodec_get_frame_defaults(frame);
> >>
> >> Are there any plans to fix this before the next release?
> >> Thanks
> >> Dave Plater
> >>

> --
> Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover