[Bf-committers] glTF Exporter

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 05:22:03 CET 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 7:56 AM, Daniel Stokes <kupomail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings bf-committers,
>
> Since there was some interested in glTF support in Blender, I have moved
> the glTF exporting functionality out of the Real Time Engine addon, and
> made it available as its own addon. Since the exporting was meant for
> serving a specific purpose, it does not have any options other than a
> filepath. It is also missing support for animations and missing some
> options around textures and materials. However, for anyone looking to play
> around with glTF, this could be useful. The output of the exporter passes
> the validator supplied by Khronos.
>
> The link:
> https://github.com/Kupoman/io_scene_gltf
>
> I would like to mention that Mitchell Stokes did most of the initial
> implementation of the glTF exporting.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel Stokes

Hi Daniel, good to see this get its own repo, but found the add-on is
split between 2 locations.
This means forking to make a few edits is quite a lot more complicated
(seems like both repos need to be forked, then manually update the submodule).

Also for git history, bisecting... etc, splitting history for a 2-file
Python module between 2 repos seems more trouble then its worth.

Any chance this could be made a single repo?

--
- Campbell