[Bf-committers] The future of FBX and/or other formats in Blender

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:03:20 CET 2016

Yeah, I had hope for a bit, then been told current broken support for
Collada would be fixed. Finally, it was not fixed.

I've been trying to help Blender support Collada properly for 10 years, did
all the work, proposed it. Still maintain in on my own. It works
fantastically well, it's been tested in several games with very complex
rigs, with several exporters.

But there seems to be this overwhelming feeling Blender developers have to
keep the broken implementation and insist on defending it... while
complaining there is no alternative to FBX export. I wonder why..

"Refused to add it"?