[Bf-committers] The future of FBX and/or other formats in Blender

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:45:43 CET 2016

With regards to glTF exporting, we have a glTF exporter as part of the Real
Time Engine addon project [1]. The exporter[2] output passes validation[3]
for the glTF 1.0 (not sure if draft or final) specification. It is
currently missing animation support, and could have better support for
materials and textures. This weekend I will move this exporter out of the
project it is currently in and in to its own repo so it can more easily be
used for creating a simple glTF export addon.

[1] https://github.com/Kupoman/BlenderRealtimeEngineAddon/
[2]
https://github.com/Kupoman/BlenderRealtimeEngineAddon/blob/develop/brte/converters/blendergltf.py
[3] https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF/tree/1.0-final/specification/schema