[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - February 9, 2016

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:11:57 CET 2016

I had a thought....

Can we have a scene modifier list?

for effects that apply to all objects in a scene?

I was thinking a good one would be Scene LOD Tesselator
and maybe something that makes a KD tree from the scene, and then moves all
models to a linked lib,
then as you move the camera, the KD tree pre loads, and loads in meshes.

(so you can have massive - full detail scenes - no proxies at 100% quality
without stuttering)
this is already possible in the game engine (including hardware geometry
instancing now in UPBGE :D)