[Bf-committers] Modifier/Addon advice

Florestan BRUNCK florestan.brunck at hotmail.fr
Fri Dec 30 06:55:55 CET 2016

Hello everyone !

I've been trying to create a python add-on to basically do the equivalent of this java applet :

http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/csk/software/penrose/

The Craig Web Experience: Penrose Tiling Applet<http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/csk/software/penrose/>
www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca
This simple applet lets you play interactively with the shapes of Penrose tiles that arise using the geometric matching conditions from Section 10.3 of Grünbaum and ...

That is : I need the addon to - as I'm moving a point in edit mode - move its associated symmetrical point to the right position. I really don't know how to change the geometry in realtime as it is manipulated by the user.

Is this is actually doable with a simple addon ? Or would this require me to create my own modifier ?

I was thinking of mimicking the mirror modifier since it's practically doing the same thing but I wanted to make sure there was no better way first.

What do you reckon would be the best way to go about it ?

Thanks for your help !

Florestan