[Bf-committers] Bf-committers Digest, Vol 149, Issue 2

Levon levonh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:32:41 CET 2016

> Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:20:25 -0800
> From: Jacob Merrill <blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] blendfile standalone python library
> To: bf-blender developers <bf-committers at blender.org>
>
> does this mean I will be able to use pip to install things like PYTTSX or
> PIL etc with pip inside a blender distro?
>
> you can already use PIP with blender.

Since at least blender 2.77, blender ships with a mobile binary of python.

On OSX this is in blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.77/python/bin/python3.5m

you can download the get-pip.py file and run it using this binary, it will
install pip and create executables for pip and easy_install in this
directory.

then you can run this pip executable as you normally would.