[Bf-committers] GSoC-2017

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 05:35:57 CET 2016

checkout rightclickselect.com and then investigate what these features
would take.

in general game logic will need a bunch of work.
(but is a bit of a tangle)(bricks ui to cycles nodes for example)

pbvhtree was added in a previous gsoc and someone should in theory be able
to accelerate a bunch of tools including new ones like painting vertex
color and sculpting in 1 stroke. (think leave a zipper or weld in 1 stroke
on a high poly sculpt(on multiple channels))

I would love to have the ability to keyframe uv cords (for sprites etc)
for use in the game engine* but I think a texture action would be usefull
even to cycles users etc.

The 2.8 project will also undoubtedly have sections that need work, so I
would get on the viewport mail list, and also look into openGL/ glsl, and
vulkan etc. (if you plan on working with the graphics pipeline)
shadertoy.com is cool for this.