[Bf-committers] Blender 2.78 tetsbuild2 AHOY

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:21:26 CEST 2016

Sybren, several things:

- Check with the current builds, not reference some release in the past. We
do update libraries every so often, so referencing state of the art from
lots of months ago is not totally a time saver.
- If you need specific version of the library, please do an explicit mail
to the list, so maintainers can pic it up and properly update [1].
- From a quick glance OSX and windows are using 2.10.0, Linux uses 2.8.1.
Surely i'll make sure Linux is the same as other platforms, but in any case
it's not nearly as close to 2.5 as you mention.

[1]
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender#Library_Versions

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Sybren A. Stüvel <sybren at stuvel.eu> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 05:10:31PM +0200, Sergey Sharybin wrote:
> > Notes (they didn't change since last AHOY actually):
> > - Make sure OpenSubdiv is version 3.0.5
> > - Make sure you compile sm_60 and sm_61 CUDA kernels
> > - Make sure pre-sm_60 kernels are compiled with CUDA toolkit 7.5, and
> sm_6x
> >   kernels are compiled with toolkit 8.
>
> More notes: make sure that you build with a recent version of the Python
> library Requests. That will make the Blender ID add-on very happy. On some
> platforms 2.77a was build with a too old version (2.5 I believe, whereas
> 2.9.x
> should be new enough, 2.10.x certainly is new enough, and 2.11.x is
> current).
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Sybren A. Stüvel