[Bf-committers] Buildbot cuda-hack

Francesc Juhe fjuhec at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:11:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

Some time ago noticed this commit https://developer.blender.org/rB3a24e6320f31a790ea9d3c912a35db2186140b71 changing the nvcc compiler on builbot but I did not give it much though as I was having no issues compiling with cuda 7.5 and clang 3.5 from libs folder on OSX 10.9. But now with CUDA 8 it seems I have to update to OSX 10.11 and Xcode 7.3.

So, how does this cuda-hack work?
Also, OSX buildbot builds seem to be compiled without OpenMP but release builds are compiled with it. What are the appropriate steps for building a release build?

Thank you,
Francesc