[Bf-committers] Alembic triangulation

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:51:02 CEST 2016

Kévin,

I treasure your Alembic iniciative and I wish to help. I am just performing
some tests before judging what it is or is not a bug. In the prosses I will
give some constructive feedback here.

Blender-Alembic-Blender seams ok. I am performing some testes in this
plataforms: Unreal 4.13, 3ds Max 2017 (educational), Maya 2017
(educational).

Findings on importing Alembic character animation from Blender:

1. Unreal 4.13 (preview 2): Issues with rotation (y-z) and scale (cm-m).
Bad normals from Blender (ok from Max). Animation and meshes are ok.

2. 3ds Max 2017 (Educational): Rotation/sacale ok. Bad normals. No
materials. Animation and meshes are ok.

3. Maya... soon...

At this moment, I would say that normals are problematic.

I will report bugs as soon as I have solid tests.

*Adriano A. Oliveira*
Professor Adjunto do Curso de Cinema e Audiovisual
Universidade Federal do Recôncavo da Bahia (UFRB)
Centro de Artes Humanidades e Letras (CAHL)
Matrícula: 1673892
(71) 99181-0123 [VIVO] / (71) 99146-8523 [TIM]