[Bf-committers] Alembic triangulation

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 00:36:01 CEST 2016

Kévin,

I am very interested in the workflow Blender-Unreal through Alembic. The
idea is to use Unreal for real time rendering.
Alembic in Unreal 4.13 is in preview state, so it will improve a lot.

Some findings:

1) Alembic is very usefull to export destruction simulations. I used Cell
Fracture to explode a cube and it produces houndreds of n-gons objects. On
importing into Unreal, it gives errors. I think this would justify an
triangulation option, as in OBJ export.

2) I have some crashes on importing Alembic animated characters into
Blender or Unreal that was exported without Flatten Hierarchy.

;)

*Adriano A. Oliveira*
Professor Adjunto do Curso de Cinema e Audiovisual
Universidade Federal do Recôncavo da Bahia (UFRB)
Centro de Artes Humanidades e Letras (CAHL)
Matrícula: 1673892
(71) 99181-0123 [VIVO] / (71) 99146-8523 [TIM]