[Bf-committers] Blender get a CII best practices badge?

David A. Wheeler dwheeler at dwheeler.com
Sun Aug 14 20:41:50 CEST 2016

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 12:56:09 +0200, Douglas E Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do you need a badge?

*Blender* would get the badge, not me.

> What would it do for Blender.org?

A fair question; please let me give a quick pitch:
1. Presuming Blender *does* get the badge, it'll help give potential
    users confidence that Blender is "doing the right things".
2. If it doesn't, it will help Blender identify things it probably should be doing
    but isn't yet.  Of course, maybe the criteria are bad - in which case,
    the badging project is itself an open source software project & we'd
    love to hear how to improve it.

Again, the process is simple - someone from the project goes to
  https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/
clicks on "Get a Badge" and fills in a form.  No cost.
We can help if you want once you've created the entry.

Thanks.

--- David A. Wheeler