[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes, Sunday 7 August 2016
ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 7 17:14:17 CEST 2016
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Planning for 2.78
- Alembic and GreasePencil are in master now. 2D stabilization is very close
to be added.
- OpenHMD (real time support for Oculus and other head mounted displays) is
not ready for a release yet. Joey Ferwerda and Julian Eisel will keep working
on it and make test versions available separate from the release.
- CUDA issue: release will happen with Cuda 7.5 for everyone, and Cuda 8 for
GTX 10x0 cards only.
- Note: an official test build will be made available Wednesday.
2) Blender 2.8 and other projects
- Mike Erwin: the 2.8 branch is now moving up to 3.2 OpenGL minimal
- Still working on docs, Mike is almost ready to accept (lotsa) volunteers
to help finish off immediate mode in Blender. Fun work, not too hard.
Great for new people to get involved.
- Updated version of Lukas Toenne's node design doc is here:
- Ton Roosendaal wrote a report on the week in Canada/USA, resulting in
4 new paid dev positions:
- With Campbell's position available (Development Fund), and with positions
for two Cycles developers and two 2.8 developers, a lot of recruitment
efforts will be done in the coming weeks. Ton prefers to still map out
requirements and looks for advice from the core team of developers and
contributors. More soon.
3) Google Summer of Code
- In two weeks and two days is official ending.
- To maximise your chance to get accepted: Make good docs, with images,
video(s), and get users to test your branch and support it in public.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Producer Blender Institute
Support us - join blender.cloud or Blender Dev Fund.
More information about the Bf-committers