[Bf-committers] Current state of Blender's user experience (Ton Roosendaal)

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Apr 26 09:01:48 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 09:10:34PM +0200, David Ballesteros wrote:
> I'm one of those unemployed semi-profesional (worked for more than 6
> years on a studio) that used other 3D Apps. LightWave and Modo in my
> case.
>
> I couldn't believe I saw this written by you Tom:
>
> > The most avid haters are typically the unemployed freeloaders,
> > self proclaimed professionals (the "I used every 3d program out
> > there in the past 20 years" people) and other people who never
> > paid a dime for Maya or Max."
>
> I own my licenses of LW (4.0 to 2015) and Modo (601 to 901), paid
> with my work or my savings, and I found that comment slightly
> offensive.

Ton can defend his stance perfectly well, of course, but I'd like to
address this too. Ton is describing "the most avid haters". His
statement only works in one way: "most avid haters typically are X"
does not imply "all X are avid haters".

You don't appear like an avid hater, so why do you feel he is
addressing you?

Cheers,
--
Sybren A. Stüvel