[Bf-committers] Current state of Blender's user experience

homac homac at strace.org
Fri Apr 22 22:39:03 CEST 2016

Hi there!

Considering the rating of the reddit replies, lack of customer support
(paid) is the most important issue according to them (with 123 points!).

To just summarise:

Blender's Disadvantages Ordered by Rating:
1. No option to have (paid) customer support contracts.
2. UI does not comply to industry quasi standards.
3. Missing or error prone integration with existing tools.
4. No (official) training at acceptable quality level.

I think (1) and (4) could actually provide additional funding. (2) is
obviously the main reason why newbies get frustrated and leave Blender.
People start learning key bindings and procedures, *after* they have
decided to use a software.

Regards
  Holger