[Bf-committers] Current state of Blender's user experience

Fabien Devaux fdev31 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 12:00:31 CEST 2016

Hi, the trick with blender is: the more you know it, the more it fits you,
like Vim or Emacs, there is some arch learning curve at the beginning
(unlike Maya) but it definitely worth it.
I follow blender since my youth, and I think this is the best OpenSource as
an example I can give to anyone, along with Linux.
There is for sure things to be more "unified"  etc... but it's improving
always and always, the blender way. I like it being different than others
if not what's the point about having multiple 3D software ? I think two
levels of interface could be done with current system, one very easy for
people to get familiar with (mostly icon & menu based) and one "full"
version (the current one) with less boilerplate on screen.... what do you
think about it ?

fab.